venerdì 10 giugno 2011

The role of editors in our world

One of the reasons why I chose to start this blog was the desire to share my ideas without having to write a book and waiting for an editor to publish it.
I live in Italy and I was impressed by how the main editors in my country are located in Milan, in the financial heart, as if they had to constantly reflect the views of firms and the desires of their customers. Are the ideas themselves a product?
One of the possibilities given by Internet and social networks is the option to express one's views, waiting for the response of readers. On the other hand, traditional editors tend to follow what they think is the market trend, considering a book a mere product to be sold. How can new ideas be known when editors' marketing concentrates exclusively on potential demand and sales?
I would like to receive some ideas on this.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento