mercoledì 15 giugno 2011

Thoughts for a total lunar eclipse

While I am writing (exactly now) the eclipse is at its maximum but I cannot see it because of clouds. I read in Wikipedia that "the next central total lunar eclipse will be on July 27, 2018".
Things change so fast that I would be curious to know how the world will be in 7 years. And I also think the possibility to know with great precision the time of future eclipses does not change the fascinating and endless beauty of such a phenomenon. In a way, we could live the time between two eclipses just to verify if our disappearing moon is more striking than anything we have happened to see since the last time.
I guess it would not be a great problem to understand that in our everyday life a few things are a real surprise, even though we had not foreseen them. The worst thing would be finding out that we do not miss the first eclipse we have seen, and, most of all, the silent astonishment that it gave us. 
Predicting is not dominating, and real things just happen.




Nessun commento:

Posta un commento